|Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 Merino Wool From Landmark - With Free UK Delivery.
Take advantage of our huge range of Icebreaker - all with FREE UK delivery. Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 is the perfect activewear for mountain biking, hiking, snowsports, and everyday use. Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 is the original Icebreaker Merino Wool, this outstanding fabric is the warmest and most breathable performance base layer in the world. For cold to very cold conditions, ideal for all winter sports. Bodyfit is Icebreaker's core collection of active merino wool base layers - three weights of pure merino, all odour-resistant, silky soft and highly breathable.
Icebreaker Merino: How it works.
The merino is one of the world’s most ancient breeds of sheep. And one of the toughest. The Merino is very different to a regular sheep who chews grass in the lowlands, the merino live in the extremes of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. Regular sheep would freeze to death up there, but the merino’s fleece is built for extremes – breathable in summer, insulating in winter, yet exceptionally soft and lightweight. Nature created Icebreaker merino wool as protection against the scorching summers and freezing winters of New Zealand’s rugged Southern Alps mountain range. It’s the ultimate field test - if nature gets it wrong, the sheep dies. So instead of trying to design a better fibre, Icebreaker adapted merino wool into a lightweight system of all-season garments for people.
- In summer, the merino’s thin, light, super-breathable coat keeps him cool in temperatures that hit +35 °C (+95 °F)
- In winter, he grows an extra layer of wool over his base coat as protection against temperatures that plummet to -20 °C (-4 °F)
Icebreaker have pioneered the use of merino wool in the wilderness since 1994, and have now fused nature and technology to create merino layers for the outdoors, for performance sports, and for the city.
Icebreaker Merino - Features and Benefits Icebreaker merino combines the best qualities of traditional wool, synthetics and cotton.
- It’s warm in cold weather - Icebreaker merino uses moisture absorbed from the environment to generate heat (a process called “heat of sorption”). Its crimped (wavy) fibres also contain millions of air pockets that lock in body heat to keep you toasty
- It's cool in the heat - Icebreaker merino keeps your skin cool by transporting moisture vapour away from the skin to be evaporated.
- It breathes beautifully, moisture vapour escapes without making you feel clammy.
- It helps keep you dry - Icebreaker merino pulls moisture vapour to the surface of the fabric, where it evaporates before the vapour turns into sweat. It can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture before you even start to feel wet, and it dries fast. (Not quite as fast as synthetics, but the world isn’t perfect...)
- It's lightweight - Icebreaker merino has an exceptionally high warmth-to-weight ratio. The fine, lightweight fibres give you all the warmth of a heavy sweater – without the bulk
- It's Sun safe - Icebreaker merino has a UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Rating) of at least 50, which is considered the ultimate in sun protection. That’s higher than cotton and most synthetics.
- It has a miraculous ability to warn off stinkiness – you can run a marathon and still smell as sweet as if you’ve spent the day on the sofa.
And because it was made in the mountains, rather than a lab, merino wool is renewable, recyclable and biodegradable.
Why Choose Icebreaker? All merino is not created equal, Icebreaker buy the world’s best merino wool from the Southern Alps of New Zealand. New Zealand produces the longest, strongest, purest, whitest merino fibre on the planet, which means it’s more durable, stays softer for longer and is less likely to pill. Icebreaker's long-term contracts with the world’s best merino growers create a win/win situation, allowing them to take responsibility for every step of the process, from the quality of the wool to how the animals are treated. When you’re in Icebreaker merino, you know the sheep felt as good making it as you do wearing it.
- Traditional Wool - Thick fibres make it warm, but heavy, slow to dry and itchy because its coarse fibres push into your skin. Icebreaker merino fibres are so ultra fine that they don’t irritate your hair follicles - so no itching or prickling
- Syntehtics - Plastic fibres, making it lightweight and fast drying, but clammy, stinky and highly flammable.
- Icebreaker Merino - Thin, natural fibres making it warm in cold weather, cool in warm weather, light, breathable, easy care, no stink and no itch. And did we mention renewable and biodegradable?
How to care for your Icebreaker: Icebreaker merino is machine washable, dries quickly (on the line or on the back of a chair – not in a tumble dryer ) and bounces back into shape without ironing, which makes it ideal for travel.